Thursday, August 22, 2013

Prison Break Star Wentworth Miller come out as Gay!

41-year-old Michael Scofield in Prison Break came out as a gay man as he declined an invitation to attend the St. Petersburg International Film Festival after the country passed a series of anti-gay laws. Actor wrote:
As a gay man, I must decline,' he wrote in his response.Thank you for your kind invitation. As someone who has enjoyed visiting Russia in the past and can also claim a degree of Russian ancestry, it would make me happy to say yes. However, as a gay man, I must decline. I am deeply troubled by the current attitude toward and treatment of gay men and women by the Russian government. The situation is in no way acceptable, and I cannot in good conscience participate in a celebratory occasion hosted by a country where people like myself are being systematically denied their basic right to live and love openly.Perhaps, when and if circumstances improve, I'll be free to make a different choice.Until then
Wentworth Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share the link! Thank You